Departmental Solicitor’s Office
- To advance and protect the interests of the Northern Ireland Government Departments by the provision of high quality, cost effective legal services.
- the powers and duties of all the Northern Ireland Departments and on the exercise of their powers; and
- miscellaneous matters including the drafting of statutory instruments, industrial development, constitutional issues, employment law, fair employment and equal opportunities, health and social services law, education law, environmental law, charities, commercial leases and property law, government contracts and European Community matters.
Other functions include:
- general and commercial conveyancing (including compulsory acquisitions);
- preparing documentation in commercial transactions; and
- representing client Departments in various prosecutions, tribunals, arbitrations and inquiries.