CPD’s role is to support:
- the DFP Minister and the Executive in the delivery of the legislative framework for NI public procurement in compliance with EU legislation, including liaison with Cabinet Office on EU and legislative matters; and
- the Procurement Board in all aspects of NI public sector procurement policy, including the development and dissemination of approved policies and monitoring their implementation across NI Departments, agencies, NDPBs and public corporations.
- helps NI Departments deliver their objectives through obtaining best value for money in all types of procurement;
- provides expert advice and professional services throughout the procurement lifecycle;
- works in partnership with industry representatives to ensure suppliers are aware of the opportunities available in the public sector market; and
- works with all its stakeholders to promote equality of opportunity and sustainable development in the delivery of public procurement contracts.
As a part of the Department of Finance and Personnel the Directorate fully subscribes to the values which the Department believes should influence the way in which it works. These are:-
- clear direction and strong leadership;
- customer focus;
- respect for people;
- open communication;
- working to deliver best value;
- development of positive working relationships with others;
- commitment to the highest ethical standards of public service, and
- valuing and harnessing the diversity of our staff.
In addition we have identified a further value which is very important to how we, as an organisation, work. This value is:
- our services and advice to customers will be provided by staff expert in their particular professional discipline and encouraged to be a member of a relevant Professional body.
CPD's values are underpinned by the 12 guiding principles enshrined in the Public Procurement Policy adopted by the Northern Ireland Executive and the Procurement Board and which apply to all public procurement in Northern Ireland.
CPD - Committed to Continuous Improvement
CPD is dedicated to continually improving the quality of its work.
Our customers constantly seek improvements in quality, service and cost effectiveness. CPD strives to build on its excellent reputation by seeking to anticipate, understand and satisfy their changing needs.
ISO 9001;2008 Accreditation
ISO 9001; 2008 accreditation is visible evidence that CPD is committed to quality that is valued, accepted and understood internationally.
ISO 9001; 2008 is your assurance that CPD manages its business activities to consistently achieve customer satisfaction.