Lessons Learned is a fundamental part of effective Programme and Project Management (PPM). Lessons (both positive and negative) should be collected and recorded as Programmes/Projects progress and should be written up and communicated as part of the formal closure process.
Other important sources of Lessons Learned include the Gateway Review Process, Public Accounts Committee (PAC), Northern Ireland Audit Office (NIAO) reports and Procurement.
Lessons Learned resources currently available:
- NI Gateway Review Process
- Public Accounts Committee
- Northern Ireland Audit Office
- Major Projects
- 2008 Study of Lessons Learned in the Northern Ireland Public Sector
- Guidance previously published by OGC