Statistics and Research Publications
Northern Ireland Residential Property Price Index
Quarter 1 2013 Publication
Results for the first quarter of 2013 (January to March 2013) are given in the statistical report below. Also reproduced below is the statistics press notice which accompanies the report.
- Statistics Report Quarter 1 (published 22 May 2013) - 537 KB
- Statistics Press Notice Quarter 1 2013 (published 22 May 2013) - 190 KB
Quarter 1 2013 Detailed Statistics
Detailed statistics for the first Quarter of 2013 are reproduced in the spreadsheet below. Also included is a detailed interactive map showing median residential property prices by type across the 26 Local Government Districts in Northern Ireland.
- Detailed Statistics Quarter 1 2013 (published 22 May 2013) - 364 KB
- Interactive Map - Median Residential Property Prices by type 2012 (Published 22 May 2013) - Link to NISRA website
Methodology behind the Northern Ireland Residential Property Price Index
The detailed methodology behind the LPS/NISRA Residential Property Price Index is given in the attached report.
The first user consultation was held on 20 February 2013. It was focused on key users and included economic commentators, media correspondents, members of the business community and government policy users. More information can be found in the link below:
Next release date: Wednesday 21 August 2013 (Quarter 2 2013)
Responsible Statistician: Ciara Cunningham
Other United Kingdom / Northern Ireland House Price Indices
There are a number of other producers of statistics on house prices - these are not strictly comparable to the LPS/NISRA Index but are given below for completeness.
- Halifax House Price Index (UK)
- Nationwide House Price Index(UK)
- Office for National Statistics House Price Index (UK)
- University of Ulster / Bank of Ireland House Price Index (NI)
Future Publications Date
Please click on the link below to view previous reports.