Statistics and Research Publications
Northern Ireland Residential Property Price Index
Quarter 3 2013 Publication
Results for the third quarter of 2013 (July to September 2013) are given in the statistical report below. Also reproduced below is the statistics press notice which accompanies the report.
- Statistics Report Quarter 3 2013 (published 20 November 2013) - (PDF 973 KB)
- Statistics Press Notice Quarter 3 2013 (published 20 November 2013) - (PDF 83KB)
Quarter 3 2013 Detailed Statistics
Detailed statistics for the third Quarter of 2013 are reproduced in the spreadsheet below. Also included is a detailed interactive map showing median residential property prices by type across the 26 Local Government Districts in Northern Ireland.
- Detailed Statistics Quarter 3 2013 (published 20 November 2013) - 364 KB
- Interactive Map - Median Residential Property Prices by type October 2012 to September 2013 (Published 20 November 2013) - Link to NISRA website
Methodology behind the Northern Ireland Residential Property Price Index
The detailed methodology behind the LPS/NISRA Residential Property Price Index is given in the attached report.
The first user consultation was held on 20 February 2013. It was focused on key users and included economic commentators, media correspondents, members of the business community and government policy users. More information can be found in the link below:
Next release date: Wednesday 19 February 2014 (Quarter 4 2013)
Responsible Statistician: Ciara Cunningham
Future publication dates
Quality data report and revisions policy
The data quality report covers the NI RPPI statistics report and provides information on the quality of the data used to produce the publication and the statistical time series. For further information, please click on the link below:
The revisions policy has been developed to comply with Principle two (impartiality and objectivity) of the Code of Practice for official statistics. For further information, please click on the link below:
Other United Kingdom / Northern Ireland House Price Indices
There are a number of other producers of statistics on house prices - these are not strictly comparable to the LPS/NISRA Index but are given below for completeness.
- Halifax House Price Index (UK)
- Nationwide House Price Index(UK)
- Office for National Statistics House Price Index (UK)
- University of Ulster / Bank of Ireland House Price Index (NI)
Please click on the link below to view previous reports: