Under the terms of the Northern Ireland Mapping Agreement (NIMA) and Northern Ireland Office Mapping Agreement (NIOMA) most public sector bodies have access to all LPS/Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland (OSNI) data (free at the point of access). GI Consultancy can help you understand how to use the NIMA and NIOMA data in conjunction with your own information in a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) environment.
GIS can help organisations analyse and present data from various sources to visualise complex statistics and provide faster access to a wide range of information leading to enhanced decision making, reduction of costs, improving location of facilities, identification and location of customers and much more.
Organisations can work with LPS GI Consultants to visualise and utilize data, information and statistics relating to your business. GI Consultants will:
- produce an agreed Terms of Reference for the consultancy period
- identify how your data and information can benefit your organisation
- give advice and assistance in preparing your data prior to GIS analysis
- assist in transforming and importing your data into an appropriate GIS software package
- show how data can be combined, manipulated and interrogated
- demonstrate how outputs and mapping can be tailored graphically to illustrate your requirements.
The results and outputs can then be used to enhance decision making, better inform policy decisions, improve operational efficiency and provide a better customer service. The benefits mentioned above can be seen by reading some real life case studies in the links below:
If you need help to see how you can benefit from this GI Consultancy or require more details call one of our GI Consultants today:
- Tel: 028 9038 8407