Sustainable Development Action Plan
To view PDFs get Adobe Reader.
DFP has produced a new Sustainable Development Action Plan (SDAP) covering the period 2011 to 2015. The new SDAP builds on sustainability achievements attained under the previous SDAP, which expired on 31 March this year.
Examples of the targets and actions in this new Plan are:
- procurement policies will require contractors to segregate waste for recycling and will be required as appropriate to comply with Packaging legislation;
- a green ICT strategy will come into operation across the NICS;
- target 5% reduction in water use (09/10 baseline) and 5% reduction in travel (10/11 baseline) are set;
- an energy efficiency plan for the office estate setting targets and actions for reducing emissions covering the period FY11/12-FY13/14 is now in place; and
- new biodiversity actions are set for managing the Stormont Estate.